Fencing for Woodchucks

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Fri Jul 21 10:22:26 EDT 2000

Thanks for your good ideas, Bill.

I'm still plagued by woodchuck forays and still don't have the time
to shoot them or even to spot them. In fact, only occassionally do I
actually see one, and yet I lost 120 row feet of young soy bean
plants to 'one' this week alone.

A few questions:

1. What time of day is one most likely to see them (if one had the
time to sit and wait for them)

2. Are there any repellants that work for them (like pepper wax sprays)

3. IS there any IPM for them (like really BIG Bt)

4. will hedges of plants like woodworm actually keep them out of the garden?

Thanks

-Allan
Charles Town, WV