GROWER'S QUESTION: re Cherry Tomatoes

Maroc maroc at islandnet.com
Tue Jul 18 04:31:56 EDT 2000

Allan,  The B.C. (British Columbia) Hothouse Growers have been selling
trusses of small, vine-ripened tomatoes.  It has been a big success and in
the retail stores they sell for $2 to $3 per pound when Florida field
tomatoes are selling for under $1 per pound.  I don't know the variety but
they are not "cherry tomatoes", just small, about two inches in diameter.
If it would help I could try and find out the variety and how they get the
whole truss to ripen at the same time.

Don Maroc
Vancouver Island, Canada