Deer Problems

Peter Worsley pwors at svn.net
Tue Jul 11 11:03:46 EDT 2000

Don't use CCA posts within 25 feet of crops if you are organic (check
the proposed National Standards regarding treated fence posts). I'd
recommend an electric fence from Premier (email
info at premier1supplies.com)  319-653-6304 for a catalog. It's far less
expensive than a wire fence, it's easy to put up and take down, move,
etc., and you can use all steel fenceposts. I've been using them for 5
years for deer and dairy cattle. If you don't want to get into
heavy-duty fencebuilding, use an electric fence. It's the only way.
Peter