market demographics

Jeff Ishee jeff at emarketfarm.com
Sun Jul 2 07:25:52 EDT 2000

Linda and others,

  One of the most thorough market surveys I have ever seen was by Ramu
Govindasamy and Rick VanVranken at Rutgers University. The research is
entitled: "Farmers' Markets: Consumer Trends, Preferences, and
Characteristics." Try clicking on the first link below and look for
"Farmers' Markets" as you scroll down the page.
  Also, we have a full listing of farmers' market data at:

http://www.emarketfarm.com.

Click on the "links for market farmers" button and check out the column
under "Market Managers."

Try the following to get you started:
http://aesop.rutgers.edu/~agecon/agmkt.htm
http://www.ams.usda.gov/directmarketing/publications.htm
http://www.hcs.ohio-state.edu/hcs/EM/rfmarket/rfmarket.html

Best regards,

Jeff Ishee
--
www.emarketfarm.com
Resources for farmers' markets and market farmers
info at emarketfarm.com
P.O. Box 52
Middlebrook, VA 24459