National Organic Program "Final Rule"

Del Williams delannw at dlogue.net
Sun Dec 24 08:23:15 EST 2000

By these rules would I be prohibited from posting a sign that says, "The
vegetables and herbs from our farm are growning using organic methods.  No
pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers were used to grow our
produce."

For small growers I am not sure why certification was ever worth the cost.
If you're selling to other countries or to large retail outlets, OK.  But
for a grower who deals directly with customers and lives geographically
close, what is the point of spending the extra money?

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del
Clifton, Illinois/USA