Sources of non GE seeds (was Re: Planning Time)

Bob Batson rcb at kc.rr.com
Sat Dec 23 14:56:59 EST 2000

At 12:01 AM -0500 12/23/00, "Wiediger, Alison"
<awiediger at HART.k12.ky.us> wrote:

>Well all, the 2000 season is all but over.  Don't know about the rest of
>you, but we are planning to take the next 10 days and get our seed ordering,
>plot planning, etc done.  The weather is truly 'frightful', at least we
>think so - not used to this cold !!  So, time to get out the catalogs, the
>data from this year on planting, sales, etc and finalize the 2001 season.
>In doing that, we'd like to hear from all of you as to what varieties were
>especially good, both in productivity and in sales.

[snip]

I found a listing of seed (& plant) suppliers that have signed a
'safe seed pledge', namely that they "will not knowingly buy or sell
genetically engineered seeds or plants" at
http://www.gene-watch.org/programs/SafeSeeds.html

Conspicuous by their absence are any large, well-known seed companies.

--

Bob Batson                            L 39 12 14 N 94 33 16 W
rcb at kc.rr.com                         Kansas City