Glow in the dark spuds

Aozotorp at aol.com Aozotorp at aol.com
Wed Dec 20 11:10:10 EST 2000

In a message dated 12/20/00 7:42:52 AM Mountain Standard Time, jdt at itol.com
writes:

<<
   ----- Original Message -----
   From: Del Williams
   To: market farming
   Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 8:31 AM
   Subject: Re: Glow in the dark spuds

   This is just nuts.  I wonder about the obsession with using aquatic
species to cross with plants.  Flounders with tomatoes or squash.  Jellyfish
with potatoes.  What next?  I wish they'd do something really useful like
produce a carnivorous tomato plant.  You know.  One that would lure tomato
hormworms and eat them.  I might go for that.

   Del,
       Wasn't there a movie about that?  Attack of the Killer Tomato?
                                   Jill >>

Well the experiment to insert fish genes into Strawberries did not work to
well because the fish protein did not lower the fruit's freezing point
enough!  Now they have isolated two insect proteins that are 100 times as
efficent as an antifreeze!  They are talking about synthesizing the product
artificially now!  I am sure they will try inserting the insect genes into
the plants also!