An Informed Discussion of GMOs:

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflondon at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 17 14:42:39 EST 2000

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000 13:48:13 EST, JCBLF at aol.com wrote:

>Unfortunatly, Mr London, Avery is a pupet in the hand of the agibiz that has
>all the access they want to media and can give him and his ideas a forefront
>position. And the public in general has no reason to reject the 'science'
>(here, bow down low).
>If no one shows the people that it is all a fluke laced with lies, if we just
>shut up because ' we should not give him any more publicity', these ideas
>will become common beliefs. Forget organics, if the public turns around
>against it !!!

I agree with this and did not mean to stifle dialog, only to redirect
it to something more productive from a grower's standpoint.
Many subscribed here may not be growers at all, hence the need for
a broad spectrum of informed discussion.

I see your point in making as much of Avery's activities
as possible as visible as possible. Let the discussion and news
updates rip!

>All this reminds me of the rise of the extrem-right in France (where i'm
>from) in the 80's. Since you liken Avery to a Milosevic or a Hitler, i'll
>expand the list to Le Pen... Some said any publicity (for OR against him) was
>too much no matter what and based their argument on the fact that Le Pen
>popularity kept rising. The true antidote ended up being the deconstruction
>of the extreme-right ideas in community based actions.

Now this is what _really_ works.

>Thank you for those who deconstruct lies and mis-information!!!!
>Jean-Claude

Amen and thank you sir, for this bit of enlightenment.

Onward with organic market farming; local production for local sales!
Let's hear it for Farmer's Markets and CSA's!

Lawrence
of French Huguenot descent (Mauger)

Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflondon at mindspring.com