SOME RECOMMENDATIONS FOR MIDWESTERN GRAPES

Del Williams delannw at dlogue.net
Mon Dec 4 13:14:27 EST 2000

I contacted a friend who works for the extension in western new york to ask
about grape recommendations for my area (east central Illinois).  Thought I
would pass along the information for what it may be worth to those
interested in wine grapes.

 >    So, what are your recommendations for growing grapes in central
Illinois?

I think I'd recommend Chambourcin as first choice for a red wine variety
and maybe Foch second because I think Chambourcin has better wine quality.
If you want white wine try Cayuga White, Seyval, or Vidal.

 Del Williams
Farmer in the Del
Clifton IL