Basil Prices

delannw delannw at dlogue.net
Fri Aug 25 18:12:54 EDT 2000

I sell four varieties:  basic green (and some is Genovese), Thai, Purple
Ruffled and Bouquet.  The price is 50 cents per stem.  A stem is about 6"
long and well leafed at this point in the season.  Bouquet is just a bit
different but a stem simply is as long as what ends at the main stem of the
plant when I cut it.  I have never weighed basil to sell it.  Each of the
varieties has a different following and I usually sell four buckets (about
the size of an ice bucket) at the market on Saturday.

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del
Clifton IL