restaurant order

Alex McGregor waldenfarm at sprintmail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:52:54 EDT 2000

The going wholesale price for peppers is a good place to start.  Use the selling point
that your peppers are fresher and will keep longer in their cooler (1 day from harvest as
opposed to 2 weeks average for shipped).  Also, have the chef taste yours and what he/she
is buying now.  They should be willing to pay more for higher quality.

And there is the reality that they can't pay too much and still make a profit themselves.

I've found that restaurants where the chef does the buying are more appreciative of
freshness and flavor.  I had a restaurant manager who did the buying tell me, "How much
do I get for how much money.  That's all I care about.  It's the chef's job to make it
look and taste good."

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm