On Being a Customer at the Market

EvansKnob at aol.com EvansKnob at aol.com
Sun Aug 13 20:38:14 EDT 2000

Del,
Really enjoyed your observations of the farmer's market.  I'm new to the
digest and have been enjoying the last few days of discussions.  I'm
seriously considering doing a CSA or maybe a farmers market.  Anybody with
any thoughts on which is better?  I'm growing with organic methods, but am
not certified.  We have raised a garden for better than 6 years.  There is a
lot that I know, and a lot I don't know about gardening.  There is always
something new to learn.  My biggest problem this year has been with the
bugs..  cucumber beetles, Mexican bean beetles, and Jap. bean beetles.  I
found that the floating row covers work real well on keeping out the flea
beetles.  I'm form the North eastern part of WV.  Anybody else from this area?
Kathy
Evans Knob