tomatoe question

Carman calm at wave.co.nz
Fri Aug 11 00:10:44 EDT 2000

Greetings

we had a real bad problem with that last season,  here right through
 the whole of NZ
even people i know had been growing tomatoes for more than 20 years found
their plants suffering bad
i recently read an article which said it is not a disease but more likely a
deficiency in calcium....the article also recommended to keep the plants
well watered....only watering around the roots....and not allowing the dirt
to splash up on the plants
a friend of mine also found that sprinkling epsom salts on her soil and
watering in well appeared to help

carman