tomatoe question

jrei at uswest.net jrei at uswest.net
Thu Aug 10 23:22:22 EDT 2000

Susan,
Sounds like you have blossom end rot. (BER) Problem is caused by lack of plant available
calcium that can be aggravated by inconsistent watering. Some varieties are more
susceptible than others. The tissue at the tip, or blossom end is very weak from the lack
of calcium and is easily invaded by bacteria and fungi. Water soluable calcium nitrate is
about the quickest solution

Joel @ Territorial Seed