[internetworkers] Looking for an iPod "home" system

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:49:03 EDT 2007

Oh yes, I can recommend something, but it isn't cheap:

http://www.apple.com/ipodhifi/

At $300+, it isn't downright expensive.  But the sound that comes out of
this thing is AMAZING.  The only thing that is close is the Bose iPod dock
thing, but even the Bose isn't as good.  What love about the Hi-Fi is it has
the iPod dock built into the top and another audio jack built into the
back.  I stream my audio from my Mac Mini upstairs to the Hi-Fi via the
Airport Express (and that unit is hard-wired into my LAN).  (or I can stream
music from my laptop wirelessly)

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

The Airport Express is easy to configure via Apple's built-in Airport
Configuration Utility gizmo.  Anyway, I use this device to stream my music
and it functions as my primary access point.

I'm quite happy with my setup.  It sounds great.  Highly recommended.

Greg