[internetworkers] Hoaxes, Relatives, and Email Etiquette

Michael Czeiszperger michael at czeiszperger.org
Wed Sep 29 11:11:17 EDT 2004

What's the polite thing to do with email from internet unsavy relatives
who are regularly forwarding hoaxes, both urban and political.  The
typical email will have been forwarded many times, and I'm usually
included on a very long list of friends and relatives.  Should I:

1. Reply only to the author with links to the appropriate section of
snopes.com?
2. Reply to everyone on the list?

I've been trying #1 and its not working, since the offending emailers
never see fit to let everyone know that the story is a hoax. :-(

etiquette