[internetworkers] Charity

Corey Wilson corey_wilson at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 28 09:12:02 EDT 2004

My wife and I are fortunate enough to have a bit of free time and would
like to donate some of it to a charity.  We would prefer to do something
that benefits the local community, but are relatively new to town and
don't yet know what that could be.

Recent disaster relief efforts aside, what are some well regarded
charities in the area that would be happy to accept a volunteer's time
(as opposed to money)?  We'd prefer the charity to be both secular and
non-political, and would like to see our efforts make a lasting
difference, as opposed to the "give a man a fish" mentality of soup
kitchens, etc.

Any ideas or experiences you could share are appreciated.