[internetworkers] Triumph of the Stultocracy

Tom Boucher trekkie at nomorestars.com
Mon Sep 27 23:52:53 EDT 2004

On Sep 27, 2004, at 9:49 PM, James Dasher wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2004, at 11:50 AM, Tom Boucher wrote:
>
>> On Sep 27, 2004, at 10:41 AM, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
>>
>>> Here's a nice editorial by Ted Rall:
>>>
>>> "Kerry doesn't know what the working-class people do; he hasn't done
>>> any physical labor all his life," Sharon Alfman, a 51-year-old cook
>>> in New Lexington, Ohio, told a New York Times reporter. It's true.
>>> Kerry is a rich boy. But then she added: "Bush's values are
>>> middle-class family values."
>>>
>>> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=127&e=18&u=/ucru/
>>> triumphofthestultocracy
>>
>> And yet, if it weren't for people like them the IT department would
>> be run by one person, an intern.
>>
>> It's stuff like this pointing out the collective stupidity of the
>> nation some days that makes me think we get what we deserve for in a
>> President.   The last two elections now seem like the lesser of two
>> evils with no clear cut leader, both of them will muddle through and
>> make a mess of things.
>
> People aren't dumb just because they disagree with us.  Many people
> have jobs where they have to work all day, and don't have time to
> browse the Web during the work-day.
>
> "Idiot Americans"?  What do you call the people who obsessively deride
> their fellow citizens for holding honest differences of opinion?

I'm sorry, where in my post did I say something about idiot americans?
  Where did I say I was surfing the web from work?  I wasn't.

Where did I deride someone who had a difference of opinion?

I didn't even deride someone who thought that George Bush was a middle
class family value person.

All I said was both candidates are idiots with no clear leadership
skills and how the last election had the same options and we deserve
what we get.

I work 50 to 60 hours a week.  It may not be behind a grill flipping
burgers and it can be just as physically draining, but I still manage
to watch the news or read the newspaper to see what goes on every day.
  I can name several (but not all probably) executive level cabinets in
the government, I know who my governor is (only lived in this state for
a year) and who the governor, senator, and representative are of my
previous state.    I don't have the flag memorized yet here but Kansas
has a latin phrase meaning 'to the stars through difficulty' on it. (ad
astra something, I could google it but oh well).