[internetworkers] Triumph of the Stultocracy

matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Mon Sep 27 11:35:50 EDT 2004

On Sep 27, 2004, at 12:19 PM, zman wrote:

> Now here is the scary one....
> http://www.bushcountry.org/news/columnists/Grant-Joseph/
> c_092404_joseph_swank_george_bush_iran.htm

scary.  you are right.  mostly for its grammatical implications and
foibles.  i doubt we can call that "journalism" in even the most
liberal terms.  regardless, it represents a "Lock, Stock, and Barrel"
mentality that has essentially absorbed the USA.

i honestly can't say that i disagree with the basic tenet, which seems
to be that we need to be tough with Iran to discourage them from
creating an environment that will promote further instability.  this
bit, i fully agree with.  however, it is hard to call everyone (from
all Muslims to the UN) "thugs" without acknowledging the thuggish
behavior of both US foreign policy and the author himself.

AND it came from bushcountry.org -- so we can't expect much, can we?