[internetworkers] Triumph of the Stultocracy

matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Mon Sep 27 11:25:35 EDT 2004

great article!  we could always use more opinion pieces on the
ignorance of Americans, as well as proposals to remove (or limit) their
inborn rights.  however, just as with all pieces written about those
topics, inevitably someone will come along to reveal all your mistakes
in an attempt to discredit you.  this fact makes error-checking much
more important than some editorial nicety.

from the first paragraph you quoted: "...Sharon Alfman, a 51-year-old
cook in New Lexington, Ohio,..."

then in the next paragraph we read: "But it matters that Sharon Altman
thinks he is."

small difference, but enough for a critic to capitalize on in order to
cast doubt on this guy's entire article in the minds of the retarded
sheep he took so much effort to castigate.  could be his error, could
be the web guy, could be anyone along that long publishing path --
however, no one will be associated with the blame/mistake other than
the author.

i think the election is now a forgone conclusion, which is sad, but
someone mentioned to me that it doesn't matter who is in the White
House as we are all f#$%ed.  i find it much more interesting to see
what correspondents around the globe are thinking.  for example, this
piece by Raffique Shah.  "The super rich vs the wretched"

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_opinion?id=40033148

this presents a really upbeat social class war for us to look forward
to (either after or concurrent with our other wars).  i'm betting that
if you are reading this list, you are part of the "wretched," but try
explaining that to the pissed-off poor person on your doorstep.