[internetworkers] Do all DVRs require subscription services?

Evan Zimmerman evan.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 20:24:14 EDT 2004

Tivo does have a "Basic" service that is free --
http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv1199.htm

I have a Toshiba dvr/dvd player from Best Buy that has Tivo and it
does not require a subscription, but to my knowledge all of the Replay
and most of the other Tivos do require it. It's entirely based on the
hardware.

Evan