[internetworkers] AirPort/Express access problems

James Dasher jdasher at ibiblio.org
Mon Sep 13 17:47:00 EDT 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 7:29 AM, James Dasher wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2004, at 11:59 PM, Jim Allman wrote:
>
>> On Sep 12, 2004, at 10:58 PM, Ian Meyer wrote:
>>> have you tried assigning yourself an IP within the block, like if it
>>> assigns 192.168.1.x, try setting yourself to 192.168.1.250 or
>>> something not likely to be taken, and see if that works?
>>>
>>> might be worth a shot
>
> I tried that, but to no avail.
<snip>
> Suggestions?  Sites to read or topics to google?  Or should I just
> suck it up and go elsewhere when I have work to do?

I just got some funny looks from people after I took the name of
excrement in vain.

Because I just opened my laptop at the place in question, where I
stopped after work before I go to a class, and my mail downloaded.

That's right.  INW has heretofore unexamined and possibly unknown
powers to affect IT-related frustration for the better.

It probably works through the ether.

Cheers --