[internetworkers] A-Dubya-O-L

Thomas thomas at tbeckett.com
Fri Sep 10 22:51:49 EDT 2004

I didn't see Dan on TV either time.  I get all my news from the Internet!

This ANG document situation is very strange.  A couple of them seem to
be authentic and undisputed.  The "CYA" document is a puzzle.  If it is
a forgery, why would it be such an obvious forgery?  If it is a forgery,
why has the White House apparently acquiesced to the validity of its
content (and not directly disputed its authenticity)?

And where did these documents come from?  I recall reading that they
were provided to the AP in the course of a FOIA lawsuit.  Well who
provided them?

Why hasn't someone just asked Killian's CO if he was indeed getting
pressure to "sugar coat" Bush's evaluations?  The man is still alive.

It is easy to see who is harmed if the CYA document is real.  But who
benefits if it is an obvious forgery?

I have no opinion about the validity of the CYA document.  Like I said,
it is all very very strange.

It does tend to distract one from a specific question:  why did Lt. Bush
avoid the medical exam that he was given a specific written order to have?

TaB