[internetworkers] online database

Kurt Schlatzer kurt at kurtschlatzer.com
Mon Sep 6 22:23:28 EDT 2004

Thomas wrote:
> This is appalling!
>
> http://www.license.shorturl.com/

Before I fell for this, I took a look at the source code and found this to
be the real URL:
http://www.slygreetings.com

The copyright at the bottom references "DriversLicenseSearch.com" which, if
entered in a browser, redirects to:
http://www.slygreetings.com

If you go to the forementioned address, you'll find this:

"Drivers License Search
Trick you friends into believing they can do searches for people's driver's
license photos online. When your friends fall for this prank by trying to do
a drivers license search, we will automatically email you to let you know
they fell for the prank."

...and spam them now that they have collected their email addresses. Good
job.

Kurt