[internetworkers] republican email

Tom Boucher trekkie at nomorestars.com
Fri Sep 3 22:03:37 EDT 2004

On Sep 3, 2004, at 6:41 PM, Ian Meyer wrote:

> I (and other members of my family) used to routinely get emails like
> this from the conservative in-laws, who probably thought they were
> doing their moral duty to try to save us from ourselves and help us to
> see the light.

Junk mail button is better, that way your family doesn't think you died.

I'll never forget the look on my mother's face when at 16 I told her if
she was going to sign the family name on this church sponsored
anti-abortion advertisement that she sign each persons name
individually and make sure mine wasn't on it.

Please please please don't take this as a pro/anti abortion fight
picking, just a comment that I thought of when I saw that.   Personally
I'd never want an abortion, but then I can't get pregnant in the first
place.   We had to try very hard to have our first little one with
in-vitro and were even semi-shunned for doing that since 2 eggs were
put in and only one came out.   Had some 'family friends' decide that
was bad, and got rather hostile when I informed them that actually 13
eggs were fertilized.

I sit here watching the now almost 3 year old playing on
Playhousedisney.com with a computer and know I did the right thing to
work very hard to try and bring that special little life into the
world.

Of course for Christmas 2002 we found out our second one was coming
that was 'medically impossible' according to the person that did the
in-vitro four our first child.   So someone was looking out for us, I
just don't feel that I could ever want someone in office that feels
they need to legislate their someone onto my someone when 2000 years of
history wrote and re-wrote the dogma that this someone is built off of.

But what do I know.