[internetworkers] republican email

Michael Czeiszperger michael at czeiszperger.org
Fri Sep 3 19:47:51 EDT 2004

On Sep 3, 2004, at 6:41 PM, Ian Meyer wrote:

> I (and other members of my family) used to routinely get emails like
> this from the conservative in-laws, who probably thought they were
> doing their moral duty to try to save us from ourselves and help us to
> see the light.

Hey, we all get unwanted email from relatives.  My own Mother (bless
her heart) is urban legend central.  You name it, she'll forward it.
Every time I reply with a link to an urban legend debunking site, but
that doesn't seem to help.

And that doesn't quite cover the other categories of forwarded email--
pictures of puppies sleeping with kittens, heartwarming tales from the
heartland, and warnings about highly unlikely combinations of events.