[internetworkers] MS opens music store

Michael Czeiszperger michael at czeiszperger.org
Fri Sep 3 10:57:01 EDT 2004

On Sep 3, 2004, at 10:51 AM, ron thigpen wrote:

> Nope.  For stuff I really care about I still buy CDs.  They come with
> their own backup.  Other benefits: Artwork.  Liner notes.  No DRM
> (that I will buy).  Flexible in terms of compression formats.  The
> only drawback is storing the physical artifact.  Looking forward to
> getting them all ripped losslessly and available on the home network.

Hey, you gotta back up your computer anyway :-)

Because of the huge convenience I'm now buying from iTunes first, and
only then looking for a CD.  The sheer storage requirements of CDs has
become a problem, and I'm loath to add any more.  There's two towers of
CDs in the house, and the rest were boxed up and are being stored at my
office.