[internetworkers] MS opens music store

ron thigpen ron at fuzzsonic.com
Fri Sep 3 10:51:16 EDT 2004

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

> Anyone out there buying tunes from Microsoft?

Nope.  For stuff I really care about I still buy CDs.  They come with
their own backup.  Other benefits: Artwork.  Liner notes.  No DRM (that
I will buy).  Flexible in terms of compression formats.  The only
drawback is storing the physical artifact.  Looking forward to getting
them all ripped losslessly and available on the home network.

I do check out lots of new stuff on the eMusic service.

Of course, I also still buy a lot of vinyl.  And now that some of my
favorite labels are on eMusic, I can have it both ways w/o the pain of
vinyl digitization.

--rt