[internetworkers] 419 at the mall

Michael Czeiszperger michael at czeiszperger.org
Thu Sep 2 10:20:56 EDT 2004

I was wearing my 419 scam t-shirt at the University Mall in CH last
night and was vigorously stopped by a woman who said a man from Nigeria
was trying to buy her car, which she had placed for sale online.  The
man had just sent her a cashier's check for $9K more than the car was
worth, and wanted her to send a check for the $9K difference.

I explained about Nigerian spammers and she was embarrassed that  this
type of scam was so common they had t-shirts for it :-)