[internetworkers] Presidential Debate on August 31

zman zman at shell.neverwhere.org
Wed Sep 1 15:28:58 EDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Tony Spencer wrote:
> I thought the best speech was given by Michael Steele:

Well I will give points for creative BS.

> "...she raised me to understand and appreciate the words of Abraham Lincoln,
> who said: "You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You
> cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

nor can you strengthen the weak by making the strong stronger...

>You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

nor does it help to elevate them.

>You cannot further the brotherhood of man by encouraging class hatred.

this is funny, so they even listen to themselves.

>You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

nor does destroying the middle class help.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman at kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)