[internetworkers] Mac for dummies

matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Tue Apr 13 11:57:27 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, April 13, 2004, at 11:50  AM, Sil Greene wrote:

> Reported 04.04.13 11:32 from Tony Spencer:
> .:
> .:8 days is indeed nothing to brag about.  I rebooted the box 8 days
> ago
> .:because I was testing a firewall!
> .:
> .:I was referring to the load average.
> .:
>
> Heh... I can show you servers with similar load averages... but
> they're all spending that 0.1% CPU time on init.  Is yours actually
> doing something?  ;)

damn, yo.  the brutal, relentless attack of the INW geeks.  i don't
think Tony was trying to incite a riot with his Google Bar/Load Average
posts, but feel free to flame him for the rest of Tuesday.  I guess...

I think he just got a new co-lo box and is setting it up, doing some
testing, adjusting the firewall, etc.  I doubt he is paying that
monthly fee just to run init and bash.  Of course, I could be wrong.