[Homestead] Photos, finally, I think

Lisa Perry lkvp at floydva.net
Fri Feb 25 11:30:58 EST 2005

Gene GeRue wrote:

> "If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
> -- Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman statesman, scholar, orator

We have this quote on a large magnet on our fridge.  Thankfully we have
both, so we remind ourselves that our needs are met.  I think a modern
version of the quote should read "If you have a garden, a library and
access to a Goodwill and a home supply store, you will have everything
you need."   [Perhaps as much as 75% of our clothes come from Goodwill,
a never ending supply of recycled clothing.  If you live in or near a
university town, the selection is even better.]

The other quotation magnet on our fridge:  "He who follows his own path
needs no map." -- Queen Christina of Sweden (1632-1654), 1626-1689.