[Homestead] Photos, finally, I think

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Fri Feb 25 10:41:44 EST 2005

>I have been a lurker for years and have appreciated your wit and
>humor.  Now pictures!  Cool.  The trees are great, but I have one
>question...did you name your dogs after characters in StarTrek: Deep Space
>Nine?

Deb, I hope you do not lower your appreciation when I tell you that I only
watched Star Trek two or three times.

Dax was the name of a German character in The Day of the Jackal. I
remembered it and always thought it a great dog name. It is one syllable
and easy to say loud if necessary. Benny, the Aussie, hm, I think Chris
named him. I shout Ben if I must get his attention fast, like when I see
someone approaching in the desert with another dog. Benny thinks the world
is his territory and strange dogs are enemies. He grew up on the farm,
where those conditions exist.