[Homestead] Global wetting?

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 21 20:52:18 EST 2005

At 2/21/2005, you wrote:
> From the Arizona Republic: "From Jan. 1 through Sunday, Phoenix received
> 4.65 inches of rain at Sky Harbor International Airport. The average for
> that period is 1.36 inches. An additional .04 inch of rain was recorded
> Monday morning."
>
>And more coming. Rainfall of 7.66 inches per year is the average. People
>who have lived here for decades say they can't remember this much winter
>rain. The above is just since January 1. In late 2004 we got more than
>usual, too.
>
>It's all California's fault. They get more than they can handle and ship
>the excess east to us. At least our hillsides aren't falling.

This morning the radio mentioned that this is the seventh wettest on record
but this afternoon with today's rains, we are closing in on the wettest
year on record.

Don Bowen                          Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
http://www.braingarage.com
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=33.277009&longitude=-117.145440