[Homestead] homesteading stuff

RayZentz at aol.com RayZentz at aol.com
Mon Feb 21 11:09:30 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/21/2005 9:26:28 A.M. Central Standard Time,
djwarren at aeneas.net writes:

Donna,  West Tennessee  where the main natural resources are red clay and
termites.

You know, this may just irritate some of you, but growing up, I had never
even seen a termite, and the only roaches I ever saw were  "waterbugs".   I
remember a news story when I was a kid, regarding  roaches.   It seems that there
was a house that had been infested, and  the health department burned it down.
  Other than that, no one I knew  had 'em.   Termites were non-existent.

I was 30 years old before I saw a "roach" in someones house, and that was  in
Utah.

I guess there are some things to be said in favor of growing up in North
Dakota.   Of course, there are also no trees to speak of (except those  that have
been planted), and you have to deal with winter and the three months  of poor
sledding...  ;-)

Ray