[Homestead] Clan Question

Clansgian at wmconnect.com Clansgian at wmconnect.com
Sun Feb 20 22:16:18 EST 2005

> "Homeschool" is also used for education at home under school guidance
> that counts as school attendance. Like "home tutor" but for a non-ill
> student. I thought DCS was a reference to the school system.

But the thing is in Tennessee it isn't.  What you are describing is called
"homebound education",.  That term and the term "homeschool" has a specific
legal defintion in Tennessee.  By legislated defintion, if it is under the
guidance of the schools system (Local Eductional Authority, [LEA]) it is specifically
not 'homeschool'.

James