[Homestead] Clan Question

Clansgian at wmconnect.com Clansgian at wmconnect.com
Sun Feb 20 17:46:39 EST 2005

> What do they mean "homeschooled by DCS?  Is this something new in TN or are
> the reporters out in left field somewhere?

I'm thinking the reporter is out in left field.  If DCS is doing it, by
Tennessee's law it cannot be called 'homeschooling'.  By definition the homeschool
has to be conducted by the parent or permanent legal guardian, which DCS
cannot be.  Sounds like someone who is ignorant or biased to the point that if it
isn't PS, then it must be lumped together as 'homeschool', that is, everything
else.

James