[Homestead] Diet works as good or better than statins

Clansgian at wmconnect.com Clansgian at wmconnect.com
Thu Feb 17 17:56:04 EST 2005

> My chiropractor, who also practices naturopathy, says that the drugs
> intended for high cholesterol and high blood pressure will kill you quicker
> than the disease itself.

I have nine maternal aunts (yes, count 'em, nine).  All blood aunts, not
counting those by marriage to the 13 blood uncles.   Of those nine (actually
eight, since one is my mother)  aged 72 to 85, two agreed to take statin drugs to
treat high cholesterol - although all nine sisters were diagnosed with high
cholesterol.  Those two contraced liver cancer (one died and the family is
gathered around the other).  The other seven are fine and healthy.

And this to treat a condition with no *direct* link to any disease.

Made the drug companies rich though, didn't it.  What's a few livers in the
grand scheme of things!

James