[Homestead] High wage earners, not coupon-clippers

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Thu Feb 17 07:28:22 EST 2005

>"Investors aren't just Wall Street people, as far as I'm concerned," Bush
>told the crowd invited by the state's all-GOP congressional delegation. "I
>think every citizen, every citizen has got the capacity to manage his or
>her own money."

And there you see the uninformed mindset of a boy raised rich. Like his
father before him, who once admitted he had never gone through a checkout
line, this president is unconnected to common people, most of whom live
from paycheck to paycheck because they don't know any better. There is a
generational transport of the paycheck mentality and unless Bush has a
personal finance crash program to change that mindset, most of those now
paying into the sound SS system would need a financial advisor to invest in
Wall Street. And that would cost a lot more than the SS trustees cost.