[Homestead] Mother's Against the Draft

tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Tue Feb 15 12:48:24 EST 2005

Melody O. wrote:

>At 07:38 PM 2/13/05 -0500, you wrote:
>

>>Rob wrote:
>>

>>>In a message dated 2/10/2005 12:29:30 P.M. Central Standard Time,
>>>melody at crecon.com writes:
>>>
>>>look:
>>>"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment  for
>>>crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist
>>>within
>>>the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

>>>I'm not sure how it's justified but it's kind of like jury duty, a
>>>responsibility.
>>>

>>>Rob
>>>becidawa at hctc.com
>>>

>>tvoivozhd---my opinion exactly.   I despise people that run away from
>>responsibility, military or social.
>>

>As far as I am concerned, unless our country is at stake, it isn't our war.

tvoivozhd---it IS our war, and the country IS at stake---of all the
stupid mistakes that politicians can make,  the most stupid is cut and
run  Cutting and running in Somalia instead of killing
Mohammed Aidid and  every damned one of his tribal supporters convinced
the Middle East that the U.S. was a paper tiger with no staying power
whatever even against a weak opponent---a bloody nose
and we would run in panic.  Somalia is why Saddam played games with us
from 1990 to 2003, and daily tried to shoot down our pilots since
1992.  I shudder to think what
would happen if we did the cut and run in Iraq---are you so delusionary
that you think your kids could avoid military service in the bigger and
better wars that would trigger?

>Occupying Iraq isn't what I would call my sons' responsibility.
>
>Best wishes,
>Melody

tvoivozhd---a really specious remark---slam around a straw man when
there isn't the slightest chance of that happening.