[Homestead] Mother's Against the Draft

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Sun Feb 13 23:29:54 EST 2005

>tvoivozhd---my opinion exactly.   I despise people that run away from
>responsibility, military or social.  However a draft  is unfair unless it
>applies to all combat age people and the military currently has no
>place for several million draftees, not to mention the fact thie Bush is
>the only President in our history to refuse to pay the cost of a war with
>taxes---the irresponsible SOB would load all the costs on the
>shoulders  of our grandkids.

Something lacking in my education--how does he pull that off? Can a
president issue a presidential order to spend, say, two hundred billion
dollars on an optional war without authorization from Congress? I think
not. So, how is it happening? Are all of the president's party enthralled?
Are all of the opposition party afraid to disagree with votes? How the hell
is this happening? Have we arrived at a dictatorship?