[Homestead] Mother's Against the Draft

tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Sun Feb 13 19:38:43 EST 2005

Rob wrote:

> In a message dated 2/10/2005 12:29:30 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> melody at crecon.com writes:
>
> look:
> "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment  for
> crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist
> within
> the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."
>
> At 2/13/2005 01:06 PM, Ray wrote:
>

>> Easily gotten around...   The penalty for any driving violation
>> convictions
>> would be that of being subjected to the draft.    Thus, is no longer
>> involuntary servitude, but rather the punishment for being  duly
>> convicted.   Problem
>> solved!
>>
>> Ray
>

> I'm not sure how it's justified but it's kind of like jury duty, a
> responsibility.
>

> Rob
> becidawa at hctc.com

tvoivozhd---my opinion exactly.   I despise people that run away from
responsibility, military or social.  However a draft  is unfair unless
it applies to all combat age people and the military currently has no
place for several million draftees, not to mention the fact thie Bush is
the only President in our history to refuse to pay the cost of a war
with taxes---the irresponsible SOB would load all the costs on the
shoulders  of our grandkids.