[Homestead] Mother's Against the Draft

Rob becidawa at hctc.com
Sun Feb 13 17:31:18 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/10/2005 12:29:30 P.M. Central Standard Time,
melody at crecon.com writes:

look:
"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment  for
crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist  within
the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

At 2/13/2005 01:06 PM, Ray wrote:

>Easily gotten around...   The penalty for any driving violation  convictions
>would be that of being subjected to the draft.    Thus, is no longer
>involuntary servitude, but rather the punishment for being  duly
>convicted.   Problem
>solved!
>
>Ray

I'm not sure how it's justified but it's kind of like jury duty, a
responsibility.

Rob
becidawa at hctc.com