[Homestead] An Aussie View of Bush

Melody O. melody at crecon.com
Fri Feb 11 23:13:56 EST 2005

At 06:38 PM 2/11/05 -0800, Rob wrote:
>FWIW this is as far as I've gotten into the article so far but from this I
>suspect this paper was not a fan of Bush.  I suspect the paper is not
>concerned about honesty either.

Very few people out of our country *are* big fans of Bush.  Very few *in*
the country are either.

"I personally loved the literary qualities of the following lines, myself:
George Bush's second inaugural extravaganza was every bit as repugnant as I
had expected, a vulgar orgy of triumphalism probably unmatched since
Napoleon crowned himself emperor of the French in Notre Dame in 1804."

And then there was this one:
"'He's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as
this,' Jerry told a prayer meetin' in Oregon just a while back."

I have no doubt *a* god would like him there...I just am not certain which
one. ;-)

Best wishes,
Melody