[Homestead] An Aussie View of Bush

Rob becidawa at hctc.com
Fri Feb 11 21:38:05 EST 2005

At  2/11/2005 09:20 AM, you wrote:
>             Published on Friday, January 21, 2005 by the Sydney Morning
> Herald (Australia)
>             The Empire of Vulgarity
>             by Mike Carlton

>             In 1944, Franklin Delano Roosevelt opened his fourth-term
> speech with the "wish that the form of this inauguration be simple and
> its words brief". He spoke for a couple of eloquent minutes, then went
> off to a light lunch, his wartime victory almost complete as well.

We are talking about FDR in January 1944 right?  The quote, "his wartime
victory almost complete as well" is a very inaccurate statement from what I
remember from reading history. Very inaccurate. Inaccurate to the point of
re-writing this piece of history to make their point sound better.

FWIW this is as far as I've gotten into the article so far but from this I
suspect this paper was not a fan of Bush.  I suspect the paper is not
concerned about honesty either.

Rob
becidawa at hctc.com

Merry Christmas everyone!