[Homestead] An Aussie View of Bush

Bill Jones billj at harborside.com
Fri Feb 11 19:51:02 EST 2005

They're surprising gov't lovers down there, in some ways.  The Internet
is loaded with government webpages from Oz; I noticed they have an
iron-fisted control over who plants what.  It's cute to see what happens
when their (apparently abundant) gov't employees don't get their way.  I
remember the funeral music they were playing on Radio Australia after it
was announced there would be funding cuts.  I love the hilarity that
results when the only "journalists" you can listen to have a vested
interest in who gets elected, the result being that every "news"
broadcast is like sitting through sociology class with "Lynda" at fake
college.

Bill