[Homestead] The real reason for Social Security reform

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Fri Feb 11 13:01:38 EST 2005

>I ran across this bumper sticker: "You can fool some of the people all of
>the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."
>   --- President George W. Bush, speaking at a Gridiron Club dinner,
>Washington, D.C., March 2001
>
>I wonder if the SS Reform fits into this category?

I am suspicious of his motivations--looks to me like private accounts are
good for Wall Street. In fairness, it also seems it might bolster
investment capital for American business. I am glad that he has opened the
discussion.

As for fooling people, he and Rove are masters. They use fear very
successfully and only retreat to lesser motivations when forced: first use
the mushroom cloud and WMD, when that is seriously questioned, retreat to
removing a tyrant and spreading democracy. And never, NEVER, admit you were
wrong.