[Homestead] Independent Reporter tells of the real Iraq

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Thu Feb 10 11:56:29 EST 2005

>You know, it seems to me that there are likely some exaggerations, at the
>very least, and more likely, downright untruths in this story.   I  have
>never
>seen anything to verify this story, and with the liberal bias our  current
>mainstream media has, this is the type of story they would jump on,
>and  milk for all it was worth.

I don't think the media is biased left or right; it depends on the
individual doing the reporting. Reporting has in too many cases degenerated
into opinion sprinkled with self-serving facts. This occurs with both
liberal and conservative writer/speaker/entertainers.

As for reporting in and on Iraq, I think both sides are under-reported,
although as with our domestic reportage, the strong tendency is that the
sensational--suicide bombings, terrorist killings--is over-reported and
good news is under-reported. The military has its agenda and with
justification. We the people act out that we want the truth but we steer
reporting by our bias toward the sensational. There is both horrific and
good news in Iraq. There are not enough reporters to give the full picture
and we the news consumers don't have enough time to read it all if it were
fully presented. We, the news consumers, each have limited energies and we
each have bias.