[Homestead] Up and down and up it goes

Lisa Perry lkvp at floydva.net
Wed Feb 9 14:07:12 EST 2005

Don Bowen wrote:

> It was prophetic that someone mentioned insurance today.  I thought
> everything was set for a closing but late in the day we heard that the
> buyers were having trouble getting insurance.

I'm glad that your agent has things under control.  When I used to live
in Charleston SC you learned to get insurance early in the process if it
was in mid-summer through fall, due to hurricane season.  As soon as a
tropical storm developed even if it was perhaps a week off shore and the
landfall target was not pinpointed, insurance agents would be unable to
write a new policy.  The hurricane had to be off the map and long gone
before they could get back to business.

Lisa