[Homestead] Up and down and up it goes

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 8 20:44:38 EST 2005

It was prophetic that someone mentioned insurance today.  I thought
everything was set for a closing but late in the day we heard that the
buyers were having trouble getting insurance.  We are in a fire zone but I
have cut the brush way back beyond CDF recommendations.  And the two brush
fires we had cleared out the underbrush.  Besides there was no damage
during any of those fires.  Our real estate agents have gone beyond the
call since the selling agent seems to be doing nothing.  They have been the
ones to secure financing and today convinced an insurance company to cover
the house.  Massive incompetence by the selling agent and the escrow office
have been more than countered by the extreme capabilities of our agents.

Don Bowen                          Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
http://www.braingarage.com
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=33.26598&longitude=-116.98509